Sunday, October 11, 2009

Carolyn's Southwest Soup

There are tons of taco soup recipe out there and I've tried and like most of them. This is one of my favorite chicken ones from my friend Carolyn.


Carolyn's Southwest Soup
4 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
1 small onion
1 clove garlic
1 cube chicken bouillon
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
2 cans chicken broth
1 can corn
2 tsp. cumin
1/4 c. salsa
2 T. cornstarch
2 T. water
1 bag tortilla chips
1 pkg. shredded monterey jack cheese
1 avocado
Saute chicken in a little olive oil with diced onion, minced garlic, and 1 crushed cube of chicken bouillon in large saucepan. Add diced bell peppers, chicken broth, corn, cumin and salsa. Bring to a boil. Mix together cornstarch and water, then add to soup. Reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes. When serving, crumble tortilla chips into the bottom of each serving bowl. Add soup, then sprinkle with cheese and avocado.
I actually did this in the crockpot this time and it worked great. I added black beans and I also recommend the lime flavored tortilla chips for serving. I usually top with sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment