We've had a lot of rain lately and even though it is still 90 degrees outside, I was in the mood for some warm comfort foods.
A friend gave me this recipe months ago. I've never tried it because I already have so many taco soup recipes that are good and this one looked to easy to be any better than what I have. It may actually be my favorite now. We loved it.
Crockpot Tortilla Soup
from Kim Perkins
Fajita seasoned chicken meat
2 cartons vegetable broth
1 can Rotel tomatoes (use two if you like your soup spicier)
3 limes
1/2 cup half and half
Put in a crockpot for 3 hours on low. After 3 hours, take chicken out and shred. Return to crockpot. Squeeze in 3 limes. Add your vegetables (corn, black beans etc.)
Let sit for 2 more hours. Add 1/2 cup half and half (I didn't notice this ingredient in her original recipe so, didn't use. I did put sour cream in as a garnish).
Garnish with avocado, cheese, chips and sour cream.
No comments:
Post a Comment