York has brought a lot of great things into our marriage but, my very favorite is crepes. Pronounced like it is spelled...crepes not, crapes. He will correct any mispronunciations...apparently we Americans bastardize the word.
My very favorite way to have crepes is with a little vanilla yogurt and some sugar sprinkled on top...absolutely delicious and so light that you can eat 50 without feeling full.
The next best way is with nutella and bananas.
However, for the 4th of July, I asked him to make some so, we could make my friend Kim's version. She introduced us to adding fruit.
York's Crepes
(learned somewhere in the land of France)
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
5 Tbs. sugar
2 Tbs. oil
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. baking powder
Mix flour, baking powder and sugar. Add eggs and mix well. Add milk slowly, 1/4 cup at a time. Add oil last.
You will need a crepe maker. Add making the crepe is actually an art I choose not to learn...so, have fun figuring that one out!
Kim's Fruit Dip
1/2 of a large container coolwhip
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 c. powdered sugar
Mix these together. Spread on top of your crepe and add any fruit you like. For this holiday weekend, we stuck with blackberries, strawberries and bananas. Other recommendations: blueberries, raspberries, kiwi


I have always heard such great things about York's crepes! Maybe one day I will be lucky enough to get to try them (because I don't think I would have the patience to attempt to master "the art")!
ReplyDelete