Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Mandarin Chicken Salad

This is one of our very favorite salads. I got the recipe from my friend Kim. My sister always requests it. So, for Easter, this was one of my assignments.

Mandarin Chicken Salad


8 chicken breast halves (I usually like them grilled)

1 (12 oz.) pkg. pasta (bowtie or rotini

1 1/2 bottles Brianna's poppy seed dressing

1 pkg. chow mein noodles

1 pkg. slivered almonds

3 c. romaine lettuce

3 c. iceberg lettuce

1 can sliced water chestnuts, cut in halt

2 cans mandarin oranges (drained)

1 bunch green onions, chopped

Cook the chicken, chill and cut into chunks. Mix together the cooked pasta, chicken and 1/2 bottle of dressing. Let this marinate for awhile. Mix together the chow mein noodles, lettuce, water chestnuts, slivered almonds and green onions. Pour on the other bottle of salad dressing. Combine with the marinated chicken and pasta. Add mandarin oranges and toss gently. Serve immediately. Serves about 15.

1 comment:

  1. I love this salad! The recipe for it was in the cookbook you gave us for Christmas a couple of years ago. We make it all the time and LOVE it! Yum...

    ReplyDelete