Friday, April 9, 2010

Roasted Broccoli and Garlic

I'm not usually a broccoli lover. I like it ok but, this recipe was absolutely fabulous. Very easy to make and the garlic made a great combination. I added a little grated parmesan after baking.

Roasted Broccoli with Smashed Garlic
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1/4th of broccoli • Points: 2 pts
Calories: 126 • Fat: 7.5g • Protein: 4.3 g • Carb: 13.7 g • Fiber: 5.7 g

1 1/2 lbs broccoli florets, cut long with part of stem
6 cloves garlic, smashed
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
kosher salt and fresh pepper

Preheat oven to 450°. In a baking dish combine broccoli, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Roast broccoli about 20 minutes, until broccoli is browned and tender.

1 comment:

  1. Roasting broccoli and asparagus absolutely make the veggie for me. These weight watcher foods sound soooo good. I'll have to give them a try.

    So, after our week in Houston a couple months ago I gained TEN POUNDS! Why can't the Richards have a different way to bond than over food??? Came home and lost it and another ten, but now I've stalled out. These recipes should help get me back on the right track . . .

    ReplyDelete