These are our new favorite cookies. They are delicious! I got the recipe from "The Girl Who Ate Everything". She calls them Liberty Square cookies but, since I'm pretty sure that has something to do with BYU, I'll call them something else for my own purposes.
This recipe makes a ton of cookies, another thing I love about them. There is plenty to share while leaving plenty for me and my family. I sent about half with Darby for her basketball team and we still had plenty for that after church sugar rush that we always need.
While cooking them, I mentioned to York that the reason they were so good was that they called for 4 sticks of butter. Brock heard me and a little later he announced to some electricians that were here, that he was making cookies. They asked what kind and he said "a good kind! They have 4 pieces of butter!"
Chocolate & Butterscotch Chip Cookiesby Stephanie Jensen
1 lb unsalted butter (4 sticks )
2 C. brown sugar
1 1/2 C. sugar
2 T vanilla
3 eggs
1 1/2 t salt
1 1/2 t baking soda
6 C. flour
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips ( or you can do both bags chocolate chip and don't add the butterscotch chips)
12 oz. butterscotch chips
Mix everything but chips. Fold the chips in. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Do not overcook. Sometimes I use parchment paper to make sure they don't stick. This recipe is very touchy. Follow it exactly or it won't turn out.
No comments:
Post a Comment