Several years ago, I visited my cousin Jenny in Dallas. While there, we ate at a restaurant called the Durning House. I loved it and they sold their recipes...bonus! It has been one of my favorite cook books over the years. I ordered one for my mom and a good friend of mine ordered several for herself and family. One of my favorite Young Women requested these enchiladas the other day so, here they are. Wish I was cooking them for you, Heather! They are pretty easy and very forgiving. There are so many different cheeses in them that if I leave out a couple of things, it doesn't matter at all! Anything is good with cheese on it right? Today I left out the green chilies because as usual, I was out. I'm pretty much always out of something or other.
Creamy Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
1/2 can green chilies, chopped
1 (8 oz) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 can green chilies
1 tsp. coriander
1/2 c. onion, chopped
4 c. chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 pkg. flour tortillas (I always use Guerreros)
1 c. each: monteray jack and cheddar cheeses, grated
1/2 tsp. cilantro
1 (8 oz) ctn. sour cream
Topping: Heat cream of chicken soup, 1/2 can green chilies, coriander adn cilantro, jack and cheddar cheeses, and sour cream in double broiler (I just use a pot...I have no idea what a double broiler even is), until hot. Do not boil.
Filling: Mix 1/2 can green chilies, chopped onion, chicken and cream cheese well, and fill flour tortillas with this mixture. Top with topping and place in a 300 degree oven for 15 minutes. Add 10 minutes to oven time if it was refrigerated. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Yeah! Thank you Stacy! You had perfect timing. I boiled a whole chicken yesterday to make BBQ chicken sandwiches and have a TON of meat left over. I am defiantly making these today. Thanks again honoring my request for the recipe. I salivating at the mouth just thinking about them!
ReplyDelete