I love fruit pizzas. I usually never make them because, I hate slicing fruit. I saw this recipe on the Girl Who Ate Everything's blog and decided I'd kick my lazy butt into gear and start slicing fruit. It is summer after all. I'm sure this recipe is comparable to all the other fruit pizza recipes. I actually could have done without the glaze. I didn't really notice a difference and messed it up anyway by using corn syrup instead of corn starch. It took me a while to realize what I'd done as I sat there wondering why it wasn't getting thicker. It is a good idea to read complete words, not half words when you are following a recipe.

Fruit Pizza
by Allrecipes
1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed (Some of the users suggested using 7oz marshmallow fluff instead of the whipcream. Something to try...)
Your favorite fruit to top it: strawberries, blueberries, and kiwis
Glaze:
1/2 cup white sugar
1 pinch salt
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon orange zest
Another version of fruit pizza that I love is one from my friend Andrea. It is made with brownie instead of cookie dough.
1 pkg. brownie mix
parchment paper
2 pkg. cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup sugar
banana slices
strawberry slices
1 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
1 T. butter
Preheat oven to 375. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Place parchment paper on 15 inch round baking stone to prevent the brownie from running off the stone during baking. Or bake in something where this would not be a problem. I'm not really a fan of the stones. Pour brownie mixture on paper and spread into a 14 inch circle. Bake 15-20 minutes or until set. Cool to room temperature. Mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Spread over brownie crust. Lay fruit decoratively around pizza in circular rows. Melt chocolate and butter together, stirring until smooth. Drizzle back and forth across pizza. Chill. Cut into wedges and serve.
No comments:
Post a Comment